These Celestial Oatmeal-Pumpkin Cookies are divine and have a wonderful glaze that gives them extra class.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) 70% vegetable oil spread
- 1 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 2 large egg whites OR 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 cups Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice or ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup pitted prunes, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
PREHEAT oven to 350º F. Lightly spray baking sheets with cooking spray.
BEAT sugar and vegetable oil spread in large bowl with electric mixer until well blended. Add pumpkin, egg whites and orange peel; beat well. (Mixture will look curdled.) Add combined oats, flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt; mix well. Stir in prunes and walnuts. Drop dough by rounded measuring tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart on baking sheets.
BAKE for 11 to 13 minutes or until lightly browned. (Do not overbake). Cool on baking sheets for 1 minute; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
COMBINE powdered sugar and orange juice in small bowl; mix well. Drizzle glaze over cooled cookies. Let stand until glaze sets. Store tightly covered.
Review This Recipe
easy and unusual
i took these to a sleep-over and everyone liked them. the glaze was really good and helped a lot with the taste. i left out the prunes and added more nuts.
Read More Reviews