Chai Tea Chewies are great for a change of pace. Flavored with cardamon, these tea-based cookies make a perfect choice for any occasion.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup NESTEA Unsweetened Instant 100% Tea
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon coarse sugar or 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Lightly grease baking sheets.
COMBINE flour, cardamom, ginger and salt in small bowl. Beat brown sugar, granulated sugar and butter in small mixer bowl until combined. Beat in Nestea, egg and vanilla extract until creamy. Gradually stir in flour mixture. Drop by rounded teaspoon onto prepared baking sheets. Sprinkle with coarse sugar.
BAKE for 9 to 10 minutes or until centers are set and edges are lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Review This Recipe
Chai Tea Chewies
These cookies are EXCELLENT. They are easy to make, and the taste is superb. I used instant tea with lemon flavor, and I think the added lemon made the taste even better.
Read More Reviews