A dash of Worcestershire sauce adds zest to this thick and creamy Cheddar Cheese Soup. It is a perfect option for a cold day.
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cans (12 fluid ounces each) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 cup beer or water
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard, (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Toppings: crumbled cooked bacon, sliced green onions, croutons
Toppings: crumbled cooked bacon, sliced green onions, croutons
MELT butter in large saucepan. Add flour; cook, stirring constantly, until bubbly. Add evaporated milk; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; stir in beer, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and cayenne pepper. Cook for 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in cheese until melted. Season with salt. Serve with toppings.
Review This Recipe
Cheddar Cheese Soup
This was a very straightforward and easy recipe that turned out very tasty.
Read More Reviews