This Cheddar Sausage Frittata is a perfect brunch dish.
- 1 package (12 ounces) STOUFFER'S Macaroni & Cheese, defrosted
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 8 ounces mild pork sausage, fully cooked, drained and crumbled
- 3 eggs, whites and yolks separated
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup diced roasted red pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
HEAT oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook until lightly browned.
COMBINE Macaroni and Cheese, sausage, mushrooms, egg yolks, 1/2 cup cheese, red pepper, onion, flour, mustard and black pepper in large bowl.
BEAT egg whites with salt in mixing bowl until soft peaks form; fold whites into macaroni mixture. Transfer to greased 9-inch-round cake pan; top with remaining cheese.
BAKE in preheated 400°F. oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
*DEFROST Macaroni and Cheese in microwave on 50% power for 5 to 6 minutes.
Review This Recipe
This was a very tasty treat. I was surprised at how easy it was. My husband is a picky eater and he loved this dish. It is a perfect recipe if you want to "spice" up that same old same old sausage dish. Even kids will enjoy it.
Read More Reviews