This Cheddar Sausage Frittata is a perfect brunch dish.
- 1 package (12 ounces) STOUFFER'S Macaroni & Cheese, defrosted
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 8 ounces mild pork sausage, fully cooked, drained and crumbled
- 3 eggs, whites and yolks separated
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup diced roasted red pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
HEAT oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook until lightly browned.
COMBINE Macaroni and Cheese, sausage, mushrooms, egg yolks, 1/2 cup cheese, red pepper, onion, flour, mustard and black pepper in large bowl.
BEAT egg whites with salt in mixing bowl until soft peaks form; fold whites into macaroni mixture. Transfer to greased 9-inch-round cake pan; top with remaining cheese.
BAKE in preheated 400°F. oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
*DEFROST Macaroni and Cheese in microwave on 50% power for 5 to 6 minutes.
Review This Recipe
Although this recipe was a little more time consuming than I had expected, it was very good and even better the next day. May be just as well with green peppers as it is with red peppers, this recipe really does not bring out the sweet flavor of the red.
Read More Reviews