Cheese & Chicken Enchiladas are fun to make and easy to assemble. Delicious and perfect for casual entertaining.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups cooked, shredded chicken breast meat
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 1/2 cups (12-ounce bottle) chunky salsa, divided
- 1/2 of an 8-ounce package reduced-fat cream cheese
- 8 (7- or 8-inch) soft taco-size fat free or regular flour tortillas
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Spray large, nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Add onion; cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, for 4 to 5 minutes or until tender. Add chicken, 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, 3/4 cup salsa and cream cheese. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheeses are melted.
SPOON a scant 1/3 cup chicken mixture down center of each tortilla; roll up. Place in 13 x 9-inch (3-quart rectangular) baking dish; drizzle with remaining salsa. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese; cover. Bake for 15 minutes or until heated through and cheese on top is melted.
Review This Recipe
I tried this recipe for the first time last night. I liked it because it wasn't spicy. I don't like spicy foods. My husband said it was good but a little too bland for a Mexican dish. He said it would have been better in a spicy red sauce.
Read More Reviews