Cheese & Chicken Enchiladas are fun to make and easy to assemble. Delicious and perfect for casual entertaining.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups cooked, shredded chicken breast meat
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 1/2 cups (12-ounce bottle) chunky salsa, divided
- 1/2 of an 8-ounce package reduced-fat cream cheese
- 8 (7- or 8-inch) soft taco-size fat free or regular flour tortillas
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Spray large, nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Add onion; cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, for 4 to 5 minutes or until tender. Add chicken, 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, 3/4 cup salsa and cream cheese. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheeses are melted.
SPOON a scant 1/3 cup chicken mixture down center of each tortilla; roll up. Place in 13 x 9-inch (3-quart rectangular) baking dish; drizzle with remaining salsa. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese; cover. Bake for 15 minutes or until heated through and cheese on top is melted.
Review This Recipe
My husband is a selective eater and does not like anything spicy and he does not like tomatoes or most other vegetables. BUT, he loved this recipe. We will certainly have it again. I'm considering trying various kinds of chesses....thought a smoked cheese would taste great.
Read More Reviews