Cheese & Chicken Enchiladas are fun to make and easy to assemble. Delicious and perfect for casual entertaining.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups cooked, shredded chicken breast meat
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 1/2 cups (12-ounce bottle) chunky salsa, divided
- 1/2 of an 8-ounce package reduced-fat cream cheese
- 8 (7- or 8-inch) soft taco-size fat free or regular flour tortillas
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Spray large, nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Add onion; cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, for 4 to 5 minutes or until tender. Add chicken, 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, 3/4 cup salsa and cream cheese. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheeses are melted.
SPOON a scant 1/3 cup chicken mixture down center of each tortilla; roll up. Place in 13 x 9-inch (3-quart rectangular) baking dish; drizzle with remaining salsa. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese; cover. Bake for 15 minutes or until heated through and cheese on top is melted.
Review This Recipe
This recipe was great. It was easy to prepare. My two teanagers that don't like a whole lot even went back for seconds. Instead of using cheddar cheese, I used colby jack cheese. We will definitly use this recipe again.
Read More Reviews