Cheese-Stuffed Shells in Marinara Sauce
Cheese-Stuffed Shells feature three kinds of cheese and a delicious Marinara Sauce. This Italian favorite is perfect for a family meal or entertaining.
- 12 dried jumbo whole-wheat or regular pasta shells, prepared according to package directions
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced fat mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat free or reduced fat ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup BUITONI Refrigerated Freshly Shredded Parmesan Cheese (5 oz.)
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 container BUITONI Refrigerated Marinara Sauce (15 oz.)
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
COMBINE 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, egg and pepper in medium bowl. Stuff each shell evenly with cheese mixture; place in ungreased 12 x 7 1/2-inch baking dish. Pour sauce over shells.
BAKE for 25 minutes or until bubbly. Top with remaining 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese. Bake for an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
This is one of my family's favorite recipes. It is easy to make and quick. I double the recipe as it reheats very well and tastes just as good the next day for lunch!
These cheesy shells are absolutely wonderful. Perfect blend of cheeses, and very fillilng. They even filled up my husband, who is usually still hungry a little while after dinner. I used a different brand of refrigerated marinara sauce; it was still delicious. I'll definitely make this recipe again.
This is my second time making it, this time I doubled the recipe so that we have enough for the rest of the week. I also added some romano cheese to the mixture and made some home made garlic bread with a salad. You can't go wrong with this recipe. Thank you meals.com!!!
If I could walk away with only one recipe from this site, this would be it. My husband and I loved it. It was easy but tasted great. My husband keeps asking when are we having it again. Thanks meal.com, you make me seem like a super chef with this one.
Made these for dinner tonight.. So easy to make and they were excellent.. will make them again.
Serving Size: 1/6 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 268
- Calories from Fat: 80
- Total Fat: 9g (14% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 4g (22% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 63mg (21% of DV)
- Sodium: 663mg (28% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 30g (10% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 3g (11% of DV)
- Sugars: 7g
- Protein: 16g
- Vitamin A: 16% of DV
- Vitamin C: 1% of DV
- Calcium: 35% of DV
- Iron: 10% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.