Cheese-Stuffed Shells feature three kinds of cheese and a delicious Marinara Sauce. This Italian favorite is perfect for a family meal or entertaining.
- 12 dried jumbo whole-wheat or regular pasta shells, prepared according to package directions
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced fat mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat free or reduced fat ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup (1.5 ounces) BUITONI Refrigerated Freshly Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 container (15 ounces) BUITONI Refrigerated Marinara Sauce
PREHEAT oven to 350° F.
COMBINE 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, egg and pepper in medium bowl. Stuff each shell evenly with cheese mixture; place in ungreased 12 x 7 1/2-inch baking dish. Pour sauce over shells.
BAKE for 25 minutes or until bubbly. Top with remaining 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese. Bake for an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Review This Recipe
I made this within 20 min of coming home from work, popped it in the oven and 25 min later it was done. And sooooo good! The entire family loved it. It is a litte salty so you may want to cut back on the parmesan a little. Great to prepare with kids!
Read More Reviews