Cheeseburger Soup combines fresh vegetables, meat, cheese and evaporated milk to make a hearty soup. This can be a complete meal. Serve it on a cool fall or winter’s day or evening. This will become a family favorite.
- 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cans (14.5 fl. oz. each) chicken broth
- 4 cups (3 medium) potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (8 oz.) pasteurized prepared cheese product, cubed
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
MELT remaining butter in small saucepan over medium heat. Add flour; cook, stirring constantly, for 3 to 5 minutes or until bubbly. Add to soup; bring to a boil. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low; add cheese, evaporated milk, salt and pepper. Stir until cheese is melted.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
This soup is so wonderful; every time I make it it's gone instantly and my family is asking for more. I write a newsletter for my business and put this soup recipe in it a few years ago; I still have customers commenting on how good it is years later!!
Yummy Cheeseburger Soup!
Very yummy and easy recipe! Kids loved it!
Yummy Fun Time
This was a great recipe...although I did change it up a bit. I used a nacho cheese sauce made with aged cheddar and I also added hominy. My husband said it was definitely a keeper!
Everyone loved this soup. I will be making it again. Thanks.
This recipe is a "keeper". It's simple to make and our family enjoys all the flavors and textures in this soup.
Serving Size: 1/8 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 360
- Calories from Fat: 210
- Total Fat: 23g (36% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 13g (65% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 75mg (25% of DV)
- Sodium: 1170mg (49% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 22g (7% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 2g (8% of DV)
- Sugars: 9g
- Protein: 17g
- Vitamin A: 45% of DV
- Vitamin C: 20% of DV
- Calcium: 30% of DV
- Iron: 8% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.