Cheeseburger Soup combines fresh vegetables, meat, cheese and evaporated milk to make a hearty soup. This can be a complete meal. Serve it on a cool fall or winter’s day or evening. This will become a family favorite.
- 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cans (14.5 fl. oz. each) chicken broth
- 4 cups (3 medium) potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (8 oz.) pasteurized prepared cheese product, cubed
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
COOK ground beef in large saucepan over medium heat until brown; drain. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in same saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, carrots, celery and basil; cook, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes or until tender. Add broth, potatoes and cooked beef; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 12 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
MELT remaining butter in small saucepan over medium heat. Add flour; cook, stirring constantly, for 3 to 5 minutes or until bubbly. Add to soup; bring to a boil. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low; add cheese, evaporated milk, salt and pepper. Stir until cheese is melted.
Review This Recipe
I made this at work for the cafeteria and it was gone fast. I will have to double the recipe next time. Good tasting soup, very hearty.
Read More Reviews