Cheesy Beef and Green Chile Rice is a super quick skillet meal that's perfect for those evenings when time is at a premium.
- 1 can (14.5 fluid ounces) beef broth
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups instant rice
- 1 package (10 ounces) STOUFFER'S Welsh Rarebit, defrosted*
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced green chiles, drained
- 1 pound ground beef, fully cooked and drained
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) Mexican-style diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup ketchup
COMBINE broth and onion in medium skillet; bring to a boil. Add rice; cover. Turn off heat. Let stand for 5 minutes.
ADD Welsh Rarebit, chiles, beef, tomatoes and ketchup. Cook over low heat for 5 to 10 minutes or until hot and thickened. Add salt and ground black pepper to taste.
*DEFROST Welsh Rarebit in microwave on MEDIUM (50%) power for 5 to 6 minutes.
Review This Recipe
I'm surprised that you have to use both margarine and butter. I think it could of said if you could substitute something for another. I think it was good and a very exeptional idea.
Read More Reviews