This Cheesy Corn Rice is the perfect side dish that is both quick and delicious. The cheddar cheese blends perfectly with the tender white rice and chiles for an eating experience not soon to be forgotten.
- 2 packages (12 oz.) STOUFFER'S Corn Souffle, defrosted according to package directions
- 1 1/2 cups cooked white rice
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (4 oz.) diced green chiles
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
COMBINE corn soufflé, rice, cheese, chiles, cumin and garlic powder in a medium bowl; season to taste with salt. Transfer to a 1 ½-quart microwave-safe dish.
MICROWAVE on HIGH for 8 minutes; stir. Microwave on HIGH for an additional 10 minutes, or until rice mixture is set.
Review This Recipe
Great Side Dish
I made this dish for my family and they all loved it. In fact my mother kept the leftovers for another day. I did use less green chilis then the recipe called for since I have three kids and I didn't want it to be too spicy. I also added a few slices of american cheese on the top just for presentation. I was afraid this might be too dry with grilled meat but it was saucy and delicious.
Read More Reviews