Cheesy Creamy Pasta Casserole
Cheesy Creamy Pasta Casserole is as delicious and almost as easy as your traditional mac and cheese! The difference? An additional touch of nutritious vegetables mixed in a variety of melted cheeses. Dare to serve your family something different!
- 1 pkg. (16 oz.) any tube pasta (rigatoni, mostaccioli or penne)
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (14 3/4 oz.) cream-style corn, divided
- 1 jar (4 oz.) sliced pimentos, drained, divided
- 1 poblano pepper, roasted, peeled and chopped, divided
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Chihuahua cheese or Monterey Jack cheese
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
COOK pasta according to package directions. Drain; set aside.
MELT butter in small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour, salt and black pepper until smooth. Gradually stir in evaporated milk and water. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes just to a boil and thickens. Remove from heat; set aside.
SPREAD 1/3 of white sauce on the bottom of prepared dish. Top sauce with half of pasta, 1/3 of sauce, half of creamed corn, half of pimentos and half of poblano. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Repeat with remaining pasta, sauce, corn, pimientos and poblano. Top with Chihuahua cheese. Cover with foil.
BAKE for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 5 minutes.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
I love this recipe and make it often. Not only do I make it for dinner for a group, I make it just for myself because it makes a great left over.
I deleted a few things due to the taste level of my family and this was pretty good... probably won't be eaten too often in my house...
cheesey creamy pasta casserole
I made this dish for the kids and they told me that it was excellent tasting.
Good for the Family
This recipe is good. My family doesn't like pimentos or poblano peppers so I added diced chicken instead.
Recipe was chosen because of all the positive reviews. I followed the recipe but did omit the poblano pepper. i added chicken breast. I found this recipe to be ok, just nothing special. Maybe if I had added the pepper it may have be more flavorful. My family just dont like peppers.
Serving Size: 1/8 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 480
- Calories from Fat: 170
- Total Fat: 19g (29% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 12g (58% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 60mg (20% of DV)
- Sodium: 700mg (29% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 62g (21% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 7g (27% of DV)
- Sugars: 10g
- Protein: 19g
- Vitamin A: 25% of DV
- Vitamin C: 25% of DV
- Calcium: 30% of DV
- Iron: 15% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.