Cheesy Creamy Pasta Casserole is as delicious and almost as easy as your traditional mac and cheese! The difference? An additional touch of nutritious vegetables mixed in a variety of melted cheeses. Dare to serve your family something different!
- 1 pkg. (16 oz.) any tube pasta (rigatoni, mostaccioli or penne)
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (14 3/4 oz.) cream-style corn, divided
- 1 jar (4 oz.) sliced pimentos, drained, divided
- 1 poblano pepper, roasted, peeled and chopped, divided
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Chihuahua cheese or Monterey Jack cheese
PREHEAT oven to 350º F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
COOK pasta according to package directions. Drain; set aside.
MELT butter in small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour, salt and black pepper until smooth. Gradually stir in evaporated milk and water. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes just to a boil and thickens. Remove from heat; set aside.
SPREAD 1/3 of white sauce on the bottom of prepared dish. Top sauce with half of pasta, 1/3 of sauce, half of creamed corn, half of pimentos and half of poblano. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Repeat with remaining pasta, sauce, corn, pimientos and poblano. Top with Chihuahua cheese. Cover with foil.
BAKE for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 5 minutes.
Review This Recipe
This recipe was not only colorful, but delicious! Thank you for sharing!
Read More Reviews