Cheesy Green Chili Sausage Bake
You may have seen this Cheesy Green Chili Sausage Bake casserole served at bridge club or at neighborhood covered dish parties, but this recipe adds an exciting new taste treat with Stouffer's Welsh Rarebit and diced green chiles.
- 1 package (10 oz.) STOUFFER'S Welsh Rarebit, defrosted according to package directions
- 1 can (4 oz.) diced green chiles
- 1 package (10 oz.) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 8 ounces bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 3 cups herb-seasoned croutons
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (10.75 oz.) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups milk
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
COMBINE Welsh rarebit, chiles, broccoli, sausage, croutons and cheese; transfer to prepared baking dish.
MIX soup, eggs and milk; pour evenly over crouton mixture.
BAKE for 35 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
I could not find a the welsh rarebit so I substituted some velveta with chopped onions and garlic for flavor. Everyone loved it. Almost more of a breakfast dish though.
I too was a little skeptical when I saw the list of ingredients but went ahead and made it. It turned out to be one of the best brunch-type dishes I've ever had. Familiar but different at the same time. I added a 7 ounce can of green chilies but other than that stuck to the recipe. I will be making this again. Added bonus: The leftovers are even better the next day!
This dish was great. I was unsure about the ingredients when I first looked at the recipe, but they all worked really well for a flavorful dish.
Serving Size: 1/8 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.