Cheesy Jalapeño Grits
Try this great grits recipe! Jalapeño pepper, cheese and grits are the perfect combination needed for that special side dish.
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh jalapeño pepper
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 cup quick grits
- 1 1/2 cups (6 oz.) shredded Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeño peppers
- 1 seasoning of salt and pepper, if desired
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
ADD chicken broth and evaporated milk to skillet and bring to a boil; slowly stir in grits. Cover; reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes or until grits are thickened. Add pepper mixture and cheese; stir until cheese melts. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Cheesy Jalapeno Grits
You can't go wrong with grits, cheese, and jalapeños. Great side dish. It's easy to make and everybody likes it.
I love grits---any way you fix 'em! My husband on the other hand finds them "bland"...well he liked these! Fried up some squash to eat along with the grits....good stuff!!
I planted too many jalapeno plants this year and we have enjoyed this recipe many times!!!
Good and easy makes a geat side dish!
cheesy jalapeno grits
I made this recipe for my husband and his friends and it was delicious and it was hot the way they like it.
Serving Size: 1/8 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 230
- Calories from Fat: 110
- Total Fat: 12g (18% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 7g (34% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 35mg (11% of DV)
- Sodium: 560mg (23% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 23g (8% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 2g (6% of DV)
- Sugars: 5g
- Protein: 10g
- Vitamin A: 25% of DV
- Vitamin C: 80% of DV
- Calcium: 25% of DV
- Iron: 6% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.