Try this great grits recipe! Jalapeño pepper, cheese and grits are the perfect combination needed for that special side dish.
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh jalapeño pepper
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 cup quick grits
- 1 1/2 cups (6 oz.) shredded Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeño peppers
- 1 seasoning of salt and pepper, if desired
MELT butter in large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add peppers and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until peppers are tender. Remove peppers; keep warm. Allow skillet to cool slightly.
ADD chicken broth and evaporated milk to skillet and bring to a boil; slowly stir in grits. Cover; reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes or until grits are thickened. Add pepper mixture and cheese; stir until cheese melts. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
Review This Recipe
Cheesy Jalapeno Grits
You can't go wrong with grits, cheese, and jalapeños. Great side dish. It's easy to make and everybody likes it.
I love grits---any way you fix 'em! My husband on the other hand finds them "bland"...well he liked these! Fried up some squash to eat along with the grits....good stuff!!
I planted too many jalapeno plants this year and we have enjoyed this recipe many times!!!
Good and easy makes a geat side dish!
cheesy jalapeno grits
I made this recipe for my husband and his friends and it was delicious and it was hot the way they like it.