Cheesy Tuna and Rice Dish is a tasty variation on the traditional casserole. Delicious, easy to prepare and it's ready in less than 1 hour.
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 1/2 cups (6 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup instant rice
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz.) whole tomatoes, cut in half, drained
- 2 cans (6 oz. each) tuna packed in water, drained
PREHEAT oven to 375° F.
MELT butter in medium saucepan. Add onion; cook for 5 minutes. Blend in flour, salt and ground black pepper. Stir in evaporated milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes just to a boil. Stir in cheddar cheese and Parmesan cheese until melted.
COMBINE rice, parsley, paprika, oregano, cayenne pepper, and tomatoes in 11 x 7-inch baking dish. Top with tuna. Spread cheese sauce over tuna.
BAKE for 20 to 25 minutes or until edges are bubbly.
Review This Recipe
Cheesy Tuna and Rice Dish
Wow, this is a really good hearty meal. My family really loved it. We use a lot of cheyenne pepper in our dishes, and we added stewed tomatoes to our recipe.
Read More Reviews