Cheesy Vegetable Chowder is a perfect blend of rich Welsh Rarebit and creamy potato soup that is quick-to-fix. This delicious chowder is great by itself or as part of a hearty winter meal.
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup sliced celery
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1 package (10-oz.) STOUFFER'S Welsh Rarebit, defrosted according to package directions
- 1 can (10.75-oz.) condensed cream of potato soup
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
- 1/3 cup frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon real bacon bits
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper sauce
MELT butter in large skillet. Add celery and onion; cook for 5 minutes. Add Welsh rarebit, soup, milk, corn, peas, bacon bits and red pepper sauce. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low. Cook for 10 minutes.
Review This Recipe
Give it a shot
I wanted to make/try this soup but had a hard time finding the Rarebit. I decided that I would improvise. I used regular cheese and added 1/2 cup beer, 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard and a 1/4 teaspoon worcestershire sauce. I mixed them first then followed the directions. The only thing I had a problem with was a little burning on the bottom of the pan but other than that a very tasty soup. I would recommend it to anyone. It was easy and very tasty.
Read More Reviews