Cheesy Vegetable Chowder is a perfect blend of rich Welsh Rarebit and creamy potato soup that is quick-to-fix. This delicious chowder is great by itself or as part of a hearty winter meal.
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup sliced celery
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1 package (10-oz.) STOUFFER'S Welsh Rarebit, defrosted according to package directions
- 1 can (10.75-oz.) condensed cream of potato soup
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
- 1/3 cup frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon real bacon bits
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper sauce
MELT butter in large skillet. Add celery and onion; cook for 5 minutes. Add Welsh rarebit, soup, milk, corn, peas, bacon bits and red pepper sauce. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low. Cook for 10 minutes.
Review This Recipe
I LOVE this recipe. The only thing I do different is add fresh garlic and add potatoes o'brian (pre cut cubed in the freezer section) to make it a bit more chuncky. I usually double the recipe and my husband and I finish the leftovers the next day. Very simple, probably one of the best soups I have ever had!
Read More Reviews