Cherry Chip and Malted Brownies are a twist on the original chewy, fudgy brownie. These tasty treats are chock full of pieces of cherry and a hint of malted milk. Created by Catherine Ebalo of East Moline, Illinois.
- 2 jars (6 oz. each) maraschino cherries without stems, drained, liquid reserved
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 jar (13 oz.) NESTLÉ CARNATION Chocolate Malted Milk Powder
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels
- 1 Cherry Drizzle, (recipe follows)
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Coarsely chop maraschino cherries; set aside.
BEAT 3/4 cup butter in large mixer bowl on high speed for 30 seconds. Gradually add in malted milk; beat until mixture is crumbly. Beat in eggs, 3 tablespoons reserved cherry liquid and almond extract. Beat in flour just until combined. Fold in chopped cherries and morsels. Spread batter into prepared pan.
BAKE for 30 to 35 minutes or until center is set. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Drizzle brownie with Cherry Drizzle. Cut into bars.
FOR CHERRY DRIZZLE:
COMBINE 1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon melted butter and 1 teaspoon reserved cherry liquid in small bowl; stir. Add enough additional reserved cherry liquid to make glazing consistency.
Review This Recipe
Made these for my study group and the combination of cherries and malt was quite unique-everyone said this could be a repeat!
Read More Reviews