These easy-to-make Chewy Choc-Oat Chip Bars make a terrific after-school snack that takes less than 1 hour to make.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 2 1/2 cups Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
PREHEAT oven to 375° F.
BEAT butter and sugars in large bowl until creamy. Add eggs, milk and vanilla extract; beat well. Add combined flour, baking soda and salt; mix well. Stir in oats, morsels and nuts; mix well. Press dough onto bottom of ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
BAKE for 30 to 35 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely in pan on wire rack; cut into bars. Store tightly covered.
Review This Recipe
this is very easy to prepare. i made some for my daughter's 2nd birthday and everyone liked it... kids and adult alike. even, my dad asked me to bake some for his birthday for treats.
Read More Reviews