These easy-to-make Chewy Choc-Oat Chip Bars make a terrific after-school snack that takes less than 1 hour to make.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 2 1/2 cups Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
PREHEAT oven to 375° F.
BEAT butter and sugars in large bowl until creamy. Add eggs, milk and vanilla extract; beat well. Add combined flour, baking soda and salt; mix well. Stir in oats, morsels and nuts; mix well. Press dough onto bottom of ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
BAKE for 30 to 35 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely in pan on wire rack; cut into bars. Store tightly covered.
Review This Recipe
Easy to make and Great for after school snacks
This recipe is not only easy to make but they are also great tasting. I make them for my son and his friends for after school treats. These bars sure go fast at my house.
Read More Reviews