These easy-to-make Chewy Choc-Oat Chip Bars make a terrific after-school snack that takes less than 1 hour to make.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 2 1/2 cups Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
PREHEAT oven to 375° F.
BEAT butter and sugars in large bowl until creamy. Add eggs, milk and vanilla extract; beat well. Add combined flour, baking soda and salt; mix well. Stir in oats, morsels and nuts; mix well. Press dough onto bottom of ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
BAKE for 30 to 35 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely in pan on wire rack; cut into bars. Store tightly covered.
Review This Recipe
Chewy Choc-Oat Chip Bars - Excellent
These bars are fast and easy to make. Great sensation in your mouth!
Read More Reviews