Try this big, soft variation on your old favorite cookie.
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cake flour (or 1 cup less 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups butter (we recommend LAND O LAKES® Butter), softened
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, or chunks
PREHEAT oven to 375° F.
COMBINE all-purpose flour, cake flour, baking powder and baking soda in a medium bowl. Combine butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl. Beat until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla extract. Beat until well mixed. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels. Drop dough by level 1/4 cup measure 2 inches apart onto baking sheets.
BAKE for 10 to 14 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Review This Recipe
loved these cookies
My kids, ages 3 and 7, and I made these cookies last night. They could hardly wait for them to cool before tasting one. My daughter loves soft, chewy chocoate chip cookies and was delighted to find that even after these cooled they were still to her liking. This chocolate chip cookie recipe will definitely be the one I reach for time and time again.
Read More Reviews