Chicken A La King
Hearty and comforting, Chicken à la King goes equally well over pasta or rice. A healthy alternative to fried chicken.
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 cup (about 3 ounces) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cans (12 fl. oz. each) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 3 large egg yolks, beaten
- 2 cups cooked, chopped chicken breast meat
- 2 tablespoons diced pimiento (optional)
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry (optional)
- 8 refrigerated biscuits, prepared according to package directions
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
WHISK 1 cup thickened sauce into egg yolks; pour into saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Stir in chicken, pimiento and sherry. Heat through.
SERVE immediately over hot biscuits.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Chicken A La Wonderful
A great taste experience. I followed recipe completely and added peas and a little saesoned salt but wonderful color and texture all around great meal. Very filling and satisfying. My husband even loved it, thats says everything all in itself. Thank you for sharing.
Chicken A La King
One of my families favorite comfort foods.
I found this receipe very bland, it also took a very long time for the sauce to thicken, over 30 minutes, on med heat using my new pans. My husband would not eat this again and he would eat anything. It might work if it had more seasonings.
chicken a la yummy
my grandson TYLER is beyond being a pickey eater. he loved it. he said it's the best.
Another Spectacular Recipe
This is so delicious. I added a half cup of frozen peas when I had added the chicken and even added more great taste to it that it already had. All the recipes that I have tried from Very Best Baking .com have been spectacular. Thanks Again Nestle.
Serving Size: 1/4 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 670
- Calories from Fat: 310
- Total Fat: 35g (53% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 18g (90% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 255mg (86% of DV)
- Sodium: 1140mg (48% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 36g (12% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 2g (7% of DV)
- Sugars: 8g
- Protein: 32g
- Vitamin A: 15% of DV
- Vitamin C: 15% of DV
- Calcium: 50% of DV
- Iron: 15% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.