Chicken & Rice Casserole
Satisfy hearty appetites with this comforting recipe. Baked to golden brown perfection, this rich and flavorful Chicken and Rice Casserole is one of the most popular meals and is sure to become a family favorite. Prepare in advance and store in the freezer for an easy weeknight dinner.
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 1/2 cups cooked, chopped chicken breast meat
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon diced jalapeños (optional)
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
COMBINE rice, cheese, chicken, evaporated milk, onion, eggs, cilantro, butter and jalapeños in prepared dish; stir well.
BAKE for 45 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
FOR FREEZE AHEAD:
PREPARE as above; do not bake. Cover; freeze for up to 2 months. Thaw overnight in refrigerator. Uncover. Preheat oven to 350° F. Bake for 60 to 70 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Little bit runny, but taste great
best for supper with family when weather is cold.
VERY VERY BLAND. Please use chicken broth when you make the rice and GOSH, add salt and pepper!! Consensus with two adults and two kids that it was so plain it was not bad... But just NO taste. My 16yr old said "It has so many ingredients in it, did they just cancel each other out?" I made it EXACTLY per recipe but added salt and pepper. This recipe is not bad, just needs LOTS of flavor, the jalapeno, cilantro, onion and cheese flavors where all "lost." Very Bland.
love it - very good and easy to prepare.
This is delicious! A great family-pleaser!
Serving Size: 1/6 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 420
- Calories from Fat: 200
- Total Fat: 22g (34% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 14g (68% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 165mg (55% of DV)
- Sodium: 340mg (14% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 25g (8% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 0g (2% of DV)
- Sugars: 7g
- Protein: 28g
- Vitamin A: 10% of DV
- Vitamin C: 2% of DV
- Calcium: 45% of DV
- Iron: 10% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.