Roasted poblano peppers add delicious depth of flavor to this incredibly creamy sauce. In addition to topping chicken, this easy and versatile sauce is terrific with other foods. Toss it with pasta or spoon over vegetables or seafood—the possibilities are endless!
- 6 to 8 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cooked and kept warm
- 2 large poblano peppers, roasted, peeled and deveined
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
PLACE evaporated milk, peppers, garlic and bouillon in blender; cover. Blend to desired consistency (chunky or smooth sauce).
MELT butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour, stirring constantly until smooth. Gradually stir in poblano mixture. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes just to a boil and thickens. Makes about 2 cups.
TO SERVE, cooked chicken breasts can be placed on individual plates or all on serving platter. Spoon sauce over chicken breasts. If any sauce is remaining, place in bowl or small pitcher for all to enjoy.
Review This Recipe
I wanted to serve a romantic dinner last night. Thanks! This was PERFECT!
Read More Reviews