Classic Chicken Fricassee features chicken pieces stewed in a tomato, green olive and oregano flavored sauce. Beer is the secret ingredient and adds flavor dimensions to this elegant dish.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 pounds skinless chicken pieces
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed green olives
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup light beer
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 MAGGI Chicken Flavor Bouillon Tablets, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 medium russet potato, peeled and cubed
HEAT oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken on all sides until browned. Remove from pan and set aside. Add onion, bell pepper and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently, until onion is tender. Add chicken, olives, tomato sauce, beer, water, bouillon, oregano and bay leaf. Bring to a boil. Cover; reduce heat to low.
COOK for 25 minutes. Add potato; cook for 10 minutes or until potato is tender.