Chicken in Ranchera Sauce
Chicken in Ranchera Sauce is a delicious recipe. You'll love this flavorful sauce and the easy preparation. Great for casual entertaining.
- 2 1/2 pounds chicken parts
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small red, green or yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 cups thick & chunky salsa
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken into pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
PLACE chicken in 13 x 9-inch baking pan; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
HEAT oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell pepper and garlic; cook, stirring constantly, for 4 to 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in salsa, water, bouillon, bay leaves, cinnamon and oregano. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until flavors are blended. Remove bay leaves and cinnamon stick pieces.
POUR sauce over chicken; bake for an additional 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/5 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.