Chicken in Tarragon-Cheese Sauce with Linguine
This elegant Chicken in Tarragon-Cheese Sauce with Linguine is a perfect entertaining choice. The tarragon adds a subtle licorice flavor to the delicious cheese sauce that your guests will keep talking about.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 (about 1 pound total) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1/2 cup whipped cream cheese
- 1/3 cup (about 1 1/2 ounces) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse ground black pepper
- 1 package (9 ounces) BUITONI Refrigerated Linguine (9 oz.)
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
ADD shallots to skillet; stir, scraping up brown bits on bottom. Cook, stirring constantly, until shallots are tender. Whisk in evaporated milk, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, tarragon, salt and pepper; cook, whisking constantly, until sauce thickens slightly. Stir in chicken; cook until heated through.
PREPARE pasta according to package directions. Pour sauce over pasta; serve immediately.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
This Alfredo-esque sauce nicely complements the chicken and pasta for an authentic Italian meal. The one flaw was that it lost some of it's flavor when it cooled off.
I made this dish this evening for my girlfriend and her roommate. I'm a twenty two year old college student, who, other than working in a kitchen for a year when I was sixteen, doesn't have a great deal of cooking experience, and this was a very easy to make an absolutely delicious meal. I actually replaced the pasta with the crispy pesto potato(recipe also on this website). I put the potatos in the bottom of a bowl and poured the chicken and sauce over the potatos and it paired perfectly. I will definitely make this again.
it is awesome
I tried this recipe a couple years ago and i fell in love. I have continued to make this for the last few years and everyone i have made it for loves it!
Love it! I am a fan of tarragon, and love anything made with it. It is a great recipe!
My family loves this recipe! It's very tasty and so easy to make. I deleted the shallots per my kids request and it was still great. My toddler even liked it. Definitely a keeper!
Serving Size: 1/4 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 589
- Calories from Fat: 240
- Total Fat: 26.7g (41% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 12.4g (62% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 189mg (63% of DV)
- Sodium: 1273mg (51% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 43.8g (14% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 1.7g (7% of DV)
- Sugars: 1.5g
- Protein: 37g
- Vitamin A: 8% of DV
- Vitamin C: 5% of DV
- Calcium: 46% of DV
- Iron: 13% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.