By using a casserole dish and baking, this Chicken Paella dish is easier to prepare while still capturing all the classic Spanish taste of traditional paella.
Read more about this recipe at the Nestlé Kitchens blog.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 (about 1 1/4 pounds total) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup (about 3 ounces) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 cup long-grain white rice
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups water
- 2 MAGGI Chicken Flavor Bouillon Cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon ground saffron or turmeric
- 1 1/2 cups loose-pack frozen peas
- 1/4 cup sliced roasted red bell pepper or pimiento
HEAT oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook on each side until golden brown and no longer pink in center. Remove from skillet; keep warm. Add mushrooms, rice, onion and garlic to skillet; cook, stirring occasionally, until rice is golden brown.
COMBINE water and bouillon in liquid measuring cup; stir into rice mixture. Add herb seasoning and saffron. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium. Cover; cook for 20 to 25 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir in peas and roasted pepper. Spoon rice mixture into 4 individual casserole dishes; top each with a chicken breast.
FOR FREEZE AHEAD:
PREPARE as above. Cover; freeze for up to 4 months.
PREHEAT oven to 350° F.
BAKE for 1 hour or until heated through. Or, cover with plastic wrap and microwave on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power, rearranging once. Microwave for 8 to 10 minutes for 1 casserole and 13 to 16 minutes for 2 casseroles.
Review This Recipe
Yum, Yum, Yum!!
Read More Reviews