This Chicken Pineapple Curry recipe is the perfect way to introduce curry to your family. We've used a pleasant mild yellow curry to get you started and included sweet pineapple to balance the spices in this dish. It is ready in less than 30 minutes. Serve over rice.
- 2 cups cooked white rice, kept warm
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 to 2 teaspoons yellow curry powder
- 1 MAGGI Chicken Flavor Bouillon Cube
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes or to taste
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 cups fresh or frozen broccoli florets, thawed and drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks in juice, drained
HEAT oil in large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Reduce heat to medium; stir in evaporated milk, cornstarch, curry powder, bouillon, ginger and red pepper flakes. Continue cooking until mixture begins to gently simmer and bouillon is dissolved.
STIR in bell pepper and broccoli (if using frozen broccoli, add for last 3 minutes). Cover; gently simmer for 6 minutes or until broccoli is tender. Remove from heat; stir in pineapple. Serve with cooked rice.
• If your family is new to curry, start with 1 teaspoon of curry powder. Taste and add more, if desired.
Review This Recipe
chicken pineapple curry
i really liked this recipe lots of flavor,but i used brown rice instead of white.
Read More Reviews