This Chicken Pineapple Curry recipe is the perfect way to introduce curry to your family. We've used a pleasant mild yellow curry to get you started and included sweet pineapple to balance the spices in this dish. It is ready in less than 30 minutes. Serve over rice.
- 2 cups cooked white rice, kept warm
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 to 2 teaspoons yellow curry powder
- 1 MAGGI Chicken Flavor Bouillon Cube
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes or to taste
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 cups fresh or frozen broccoli florets, thawed and drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks in juice, drained
HEAT oil in large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Reduce heat to medium; stir in evaporated milk, cornstarch, curry powder, bouillon, ginger and red pepper flakes. Continue cooking until mixture begins to gently simmer and bouillon is dissolved.
STIR in bell pepper and broccoli (if using frozen broccoli, add for last 3 minutes). Cover; gently simmer for 6 minutes or until broccoli is tender. Remove from heat; stir in pineapple. Serve with cooked rice.
• If your family is new to curry, start with 1 teaspoon of curry powder. Taste and add more, if desired.
Review This Recipe
My husband loves curry and we both love chicken, pineapple and broccoli so this dish hit the spot all the way around. An easy dish to make so I can do it when I get home from work and have it for dinner in a very short time. Its an all in one dish, protien, fruit, a starch and vegtables. What more could a person ask for in any dish they might serve thier family.
Read More Reviews