This Chicken and Rice Parmesan recipe is a great choice for a weeknight meal. Ready in less than 1 hour. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley and cheese.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, coarsely chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 medium fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 tablespoon MAGGI Instant Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 drops hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1/4 cup (.75 ounce) BUITONI Refrigerated Freshly Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
HEAT oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat; add chicken and onion. Cook, stirring frequently, for 5 to 6 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Add tomatoes, water, bouillon, black pepper and hot pepper sauce; bring mixture to a boil. Add rice; reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 to 25 minutes or until rice is tender and most of liquid is absorbed.
REMOVE from heat; stir in cheese and parsley.
Review This Recipe
Yum! Definitely a keeper!
This was so good! I used a can of diced tomatos with italian seasonings instead of the two chopped tomatoes, and I had to add an extra 1/2 cup of water. It turned out so tasty and was very easy to make. This will definitely become a staple dish at my house.
Read More Reviews