Chicken Salad with Cooling Melons
Compliments of chef Ying Chang Compestine.
Chicken Salad with Cooling melons is a beautiful and tasty dish and can be served at room temperature. With their high water content, melons have a cooling effect and help aid digestion. Together with watercress, they balance the fire element of hot summers. Chicken breast harmonizes Qi flow and provides energy.
Feel free to substitute the melons with other seasonal fruits or cube the melons if pressed for time.
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon MAGGI Seasoning Sauce
- 3/4 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup watermelon balls
- 1/2 cup cantaloupe balls
- 1/2 cup honeydew melon balls
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped watercress
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped and toasted walnuts or roasted peanuts
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
HEAT oil in large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Drain marinade from chicken; discard marinade. Add chicken to skillet; cook, stirring constantly, for 3 to 5 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove from heat. Let cool.
MIX melon balls, watercress and lime juice in bowl. Top with chicken. Garnish with nuts. Serve at room temperature.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/4 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 210
- Calories from Fat: 100
- Total Fat: 11g (17% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 1.5g (7% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 50mg (16% of DV)
- Sodium: 180mg (7% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 7g (2% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 0.5g (3% of DV)
- Sugars: 3g
- Protein: 22g
- Vitamin A: 20% of DV
- Vitamin C: 30% of DV
- Calcium: 2% of DV
- Iron: 6% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.