Tender chunks of chicken breast combine with savory salsa and corn kernels to make a delicious soup for cold days. Try crumbling a few tortilla chips over your soup with a sprinkle of Mexican cheese.
- 2 (about 8 ounces total) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1 can (14 1/2 fluid ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 cups loose-pack frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 cup bottled chunky salsa
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeño peppers
- 3 cups (about 3 ounces) tortilla chips (optional)
COMBINE chicken, water, broth and chili powder in large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover; cook for 8 minutes. Uncover; add corn. Cook for 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Stir in salsa; heat through. Sprinkle cheese over each serving. Serve with tortilla chips.
Review This Recipe
I'm new at this. I have not got the gist of it yet.
Read More Reviews