Chicken Siciliana features tender chicken breasts stuffed with pesto and capers. This sensational entrée offers a variety of flavor and makes an attractive entertaining presentation.
- 1/2 cup (1.5 ounces) BUITONI Refrigerated Freshly Shredded Parmesan or Romano Cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup BUITONI Refrigerated All Natural Pesto with Basil
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 4 (about 1 1/4 pounds total) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 container (15 ounces) BUITONI Refrigerated Marinara Sauce
- 1 package (9 ounces) BUITONI Refrigerated Fettuccine
PREHEAT oven to 375° F. Line 13 x 9-inch baking pan with foil.
COMBINE 1/4 cup cheese, pesto and capers in small bowl.
CUT each chicken breast horizontally three-fourths of the way through the meat creating a pocket for stuffing, being careful to not cut all the way through. Place 2 tablespoons pesto mixture into each breast pocket. Secure with wooden picks. Place chicken in prepared baking pan. Drizzle lemon juice over chicken; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Pour sauce over chicken; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
BAKE for 30 to 35 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center or reaches an internal temperature of 165° F. Remove from oven.
PREPARE pasta according to package directions.
REMOVE wooden picks from chicken; cut into slices and serve over prepared pasta.
Tip: May assemble stuffed chicken ahead of time and store in the refrigerator. Before baking, drizzle with lemon juice and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with sauce and cheese.
Review This Recipe
Excellent and Easy!!! I make it once a week now!
Read More Reviews