Chicken Siciliana features tender chicken breasts stuffed with pesto and capers. This sensational entrée offers a variety of flavor and makes an attractive entertaining presentation.
- 1/2 cup BUITONI Refrigerated Freshly Shredded Parmesan Cheese (5 oz.), divided
- 1/4 cup BUITONI Refrigerated All Natural Pesto with Basil (7 oz.)
Or BUITONI Refrigerated All Natural Pesto with Basil (11 oz.)
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 4 (about 1 1/4 pounds total) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 container BUITONI Refrigerated Marinara Sauce (15 oz.)
- 1 package BUITONI Refrigerated Fettuccine (9 oz.)
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
COMBINE 1/4 cup cheese, pesto and capers in small bowl.
CUT each chicken breast horizontally three-fourths of the way through the meat creating a pocket for stuffing, being careful to not cut all the way through. Place 2 tablespoons pesto mixture into each breast pocket. Secure with wooden picks. Place chicken in prepared baking pan. Drizzle lemon juice over chicken; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Pour sauce over chicken; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
BAKE for 30 to 35 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center or reaches an internal temperature of 165° F. Remove from oven.
PREPARE pasta according to package directions.
REMOVE wooden picks from chicken; cut into slices and serve over prepared pasta.
Tip: May assemble stuffed chicken ahead of time and store in the refrigerator. Before baking, drizzle with lemon juice and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with sauce and cheese.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
SOOO Good! It has so much flavor. My husband was so impressed. He asked me where I bought it from. I told him I made it and he said WOW!
So easy and impressive!
Wow! So much flavor and so easy to put together. I'm not much of a cook, but you'd never know it by the taste of this dish.
This dish tastes great, and it's easy to prepare too. It's a nice dish to impress a date with!!!
Excellent and Easy!!! I make it once a week now!
My family ate every bit and demanded I make this a permanent recipe.
Serving Size: 1/4 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 500
- Calories from Fat: 140
- Total Fat: 15g (23% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 3.5g (19% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 130mg (43% of DV)
- Sodium: 1280mg (53% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 44g (15% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 4g (17% of DV)
- Sugars: 7g
- Protein: 46g
- Vitamin A: 8% of DV
- Vitamin C: 20% of DV
- Calcium: 20% of DV
- Iron: 15% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.