This elegant Chicken in Tarragon-Cheese Sauce with Linguine is a perfect entertaining choice. The tarragon adds a subtle licorice flavor to the delicious cheese sauce that your guests will keep talking about.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 (about 1 pound total) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1/2 cup whipped cream cheese
- 1/3 cup (about 1 1/2 ounces) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse ground black pepper
- 1 package (9 ounces) BUITONI Refrigerated All Natural Linguine
HEAT oil in large skillet. Add chicken; cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink. Remove from skillet; keep warm.
ADD shallots to skillet; stir, scraping up brown bits on bottom. Cook, stirring constantly, until shallots are tender. Whisk in evaporated milk, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, tarragon, salt and pepper; cook, whisking constantly, until sauce thickens slightly. Stir in chicken; cook until heated through.
PREPARE pasta according to package directions. Pour sauce over pasta; serve immediately.
Review This Recipe
This Alfredo-esque sauce nicely complements the chicken and pasta for an authentic Italian meal. The one flaw was that it lost some of it's flavor when it cooled off.
Read More Reviews