This elegant Chicken in Tarragon-Cheese Sauce with Linguine is a perfect entertaining choice. The tarragon adds a subtle licorice flavor to the delicious cheese sauce that your guests will keep talking about.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 (about 1 pound total) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1/2 cup whipped cream cheese
- 1/3 cup (about 1 1/2 ounces) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse ground black pepper
- 1 package (9 ounces) BUITONI Refrigerated All Natural Linguine
HEAT oil in large skillet. Add chicken; cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink. Remove from skillet; keep warm.
ADD shallots to skillet; stir, scraping up brown bits on bottom. Cook, stirring constantly, until shallots are tender. Whisk in evaporated milk, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, tarragon, salt and pepper; cook, whisking constantly, until sauce thickens slightly. Stir in chicken; cook until heated through.
PREPARE pasta according to package directions. Pour sauce over pasta; serve immediately.
Review This Recipe
This recipe is very very yummy!!! I have made this recipe several times since I've gotten it and I love it. I would reccommend adding some bacon, brocoli or even ham to make it even more delicious. The Tarrogon adds the perfect touch.
Read More Reviews