Chicken Tetrazzini is a hearty chicken casserole the whole family will enjoy for dinner.
- 8 oz. dry spaghetti, cooked, drained and kept warm
- 1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- 3/4 cup BUITONI® Shredded Parmesan Cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) chicken broth
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 2 cups cooked, chopped chicken or turkey breast meat
- 2 cans (4 oz each) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
COMBINE breadcrumbs and 2 tablespoons butter in small bowl. Stir in 1/4 cup cheese.
MELT remaining butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 to 2 minutes or until tender. Stir in flour, salt and pepper; cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Remove from heat; gradually stir in broth. Return to heat; bring to boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Stir in evaporated milk and remaining cheese; cook over low heat until cheese melts. Remove from heat. Stir in chicken, mushrooms, peas and sherry.
COMBINE pasta and chicken mixture in large bowl. Pour into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with breadcrumb topping.
BAKE for 20 to 25 minutes or until topping is lightly browned. Serve immediately.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Made this tonight for me and the hubby...outstanding! I'm hoping it will reheat will w/no cream in it!
This was easy and kids loved it. My husband is diabetic, so I used less noodles and whole wheat ones, but added a lot more chicken and peas as my daughter loves peas. I also made my own bread crumbs with whole wheat toast. Everyone thought it was great.
Very Tasty & Versatile
After making this recipe once, which everyone gobbled up, I tweaked it the second time. I cut potabello caps into cubes and cooked them with the onions. I also added some ricotta cheese that I bended with soft tofu and added it when I added the parm to the broth (therefore I was able to leave out the chicken because if all the protein in the tofu). Came out great!!
Quick & Easy
I make this all the time for my family. Not only is it quick and easy, its delicious also. A big hit with the family.
This is such a quick and easy dinner idea! Everyone loved it and I will be making this again soon!
Serving Size: 1/8 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 280
- Calories from Fat: 100
- Total Fat: 12g (18% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 7g (34% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 60mg (21% of DV)
- Sodium: 750mg (31% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 21g (7% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 2g (8% of DV)
- Sugars: 5g
- Protein: 20g
- Vitamin A: 6% of DV
- Vitamin C: 8% of DV
- Calcium: 25% of DV
- Iron: 8% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.