This Chicken Tinga recipe was inspired by the traditional and versatile dish originating in Puebla, Mexico. Shredded chicken is marinated in a spicy tomato and chipotle chile sauce. The chocolate ingredient in this recipe adds wonderful dimension to this dish. Serve this as part of a tostada buffet where your friends and family can create their own variations. Top with crumbled Panela cheese and chopped cilantro.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced (about 2 cups total)
- 2 cups tomato puree
- 1 1/2 tablets (90 g each) NESTLÉ ABUELITA Chocolate, broken into pieces
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce from a can, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cooked and shredded
- 12 (6-inch) corn tostadas
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled Panela cheese
- Chopped cilantro (optional)
HEAT oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onions; cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes or until soft. Add tomato puree, Abuelita, water, bouillon and chiles; bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat; cook for 2 minutes or until chocolate is melted. Add chicken; cook for 2 minutes or until chicken is heated through.
TOP each tostada with ½ cup chicken mixture.
SPRINKLE with cheese and cilantro. Serve immediately.