Chicken and Vegetable Soup will satisfy your entire family with its delicious tomato base mixed with a combination of chopped vegetables, shredded chicken and tasty condiments. Prepare it in less than 30 minutes and serve it as an appetizer or main entrée. Garnish tortilla strips, media crema and cilantro.
- 4 1/4 cups water, divided
- 2 large tomatoes, quartered
- 1 medium white onion, quartered
- 3 medium jalapeños, seeded and deveined (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Tomato Bouillon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 1 can (15.25 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- Fried corn tortilla strips
- NESTLÉ Media Crema
- Chopped cilantro (optional)
PLACE 1/4 cup water, tomatoes, onion, jalapeños and garlic in blender; cover. Blend until smooth.
HEAT oil in large dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add puree to saucepan; cook, stirring frequently, for 10 to 15 minutes or until puree has thickened. Add remaining 4 cups water; bring to a boil. Add bouillon and cumin; stir. Add chicken, corn, zucchini and carrot. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover. Cook for 10 minutes or until heated through.
SERVE with tortilla strips, media crema and cilantro.
Review This Recipe
the key is fresh ingredients
very simple and quick to make. start with the tomatoes and then just start throwing stuff in to suit your tastes. the fresher the ingredients the better the taste. makes much more than six servings. the family loved it. its not spicey so its good for kids to.
Read More Reviews