Chicken with Apple-Dijon Sauce
Sweet, Savory and Simple! This stovetop Chicken with Apple-Dijon Sauce recipe makes for a delicious and healthy main dish with a little sweetness and a slight tang of mustard.
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 4 (about 1 1/4 pounds total) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
HEAT 2 teaspoons oil in large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook on each side for 7 minutes or until no longer pink in center. Transfer to platter and keep warm.
HEAT remaining 1 teaspoon oil in same skillet. Add shallot and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute. Add apple juice and mustard. Bring to a boil; cook, scraping up any brown bits, for 3 to 4 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half. Add chicken back to skillet along with any juices accumulated on platter; stir to coat chicken with sauce.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
I LOVE IT.
Pleased My Picky Eater
My husband is the picky eater and he thought it was very good. I was afraid the sauce would overpower the dish, but it it just gave it the right amount of zest.
Serving Size: 1/4 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 240
- Calories from Fat: 50
- Total Fat: 5g (8% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 1g (5% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 80mg (27% of DV)
- Sodium: 360mg (15% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 12g (4% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 0g (0% of DV)
- Sugars: 6g
- Protein: 35g
- Vitamin A: 2% of DV
- Vitamin C: 25% of DV
- Calcium: 2% of DV
- Iron: 8% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.