Sweet, Savory and Simple! This stovetop Chicken with Apple-Dijon Sauce recipe makes for a delicious and healthy main dish with a little sweetness and a slight tang of mustard.
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 4 (about 1 1/4 pounds total) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
COMBINE flour, thyme, marjoram and bouillon in shallow dish. Coat chicken with flour mixture; shake off excess.
HEAT 2 teaspoons oil in large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook on each side for 7 minutes or until no longer pink in center. Transfer to platter and keep warm.
HEAT remaining 1 teaspoon oil in same skillet. Add shallot and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute. Add apple juice and mustard. Bring to a boil; cook, scraping up any brown bits, for 3 to 4 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half. Add chicken back to skillet along with any juices accumulated on platter; stir to coat chicken with sauce.
Review This Recipe
Pleased My Picky Eater
My husband is the picky eater and he thought it was very good. I was afraid the sauce would overpower the dish, but it it just gave it the right amount of zest.