Zesty flavors and great taste are the highlights in this Chicken with Chickpeas dish.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 MAGGI Chicken Flavor Bouillon Cubes, divided
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 2 x 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1 can (16 ounces) garbanzo beans (chickpeas), undrained
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
HEAT butter and oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 bouillon cube; cook, stirring frequently, until bouillon is dissolved. Add chicken; cook, stirring frequently, for 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove chicken from skillet; set aside.
ADD onions to skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic and cilantro; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in chicken, beans and juice, water, remaining bouillon cube, tomato paste, allspice and chili powder. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Cover; cook over medium-low heat for 30 minutes.
SERVE over cooked rice, if desired.
Review This Recipe
I was looking for a receipe so that I can use a can of garbanzo beans I have had in my pantry. My goodness, I just made it and it is delicious. I will now be buy more cans of garbanzo beans so that I can make this receipe often!
Read More Reviews