Chicken with Chickpeas
Zesty flavors and great taste are the highlights in this Chicken with Chickpeas dish.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 MAGGI Chicken Flavor Bouillon Cubes, divided
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 2 x 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1 can (16 ounces) garbanzo beans (chickpeas), undrained
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
ADD onions to skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic and cilantro; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in chicken, beans and juice, water, remaining bouillon cube, tomato paste, allspice and chili powder. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Cover; cook over medium-low heat for 30 minutes.
SERVE over cooked rice, if desired.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
I was looking for a receipe so that I can use a can of garbanzo beans I have had in my pantry. My goodness, I just made it and it is delicious. I will now be buy more cans of garbanzo beans so that I can make this receipe often!
Serving Size: 1/6 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.