Roasted chiles, tomatillos and oregano add wonderful flavors to this classic Chicken with Salsa Verde. Serve with rice or tortillas and garnish with cilantro.
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 lb. skinless chicken pieces
- 4 poblano chiles
- 5 medium tomatillos, peeled and quartered
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 3/4 cup water, divided
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 1 to 2 teaspoons MAGGI Seasoning Sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed oregano
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 can (7.6 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ Media Crema
- Hot cooked rice or warm corn tortillas
- Chopped cilantro (optional)
HEAT oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Fry chicken, turning once, for 5 to 7 minutes or until browned. Remove from saucepan; set aside.
ROAST whole chiles over gas stove burner or broil until skins blister. Remove immediately to avoid burning. Place chiles in cold water for 10 minutes. Peel and remove seeds, if desired.
PLACE chiles, tomatillos, onion, 1/4 cup water and garlic in blender; cover. Blend until smooth. Place chile mixture in same saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes or until sauce has thickened. Add remaining 1/2 cup water, bouillon, seasoning sauce and oregano; stir. Add chicken to sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 40 minutes. Add potatoes; cover. Cook for 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Add media crema; cook for 5 minutes or until heated through.
SERVE with hot cooked rice or warm corn tortillas. Top with cilantro.