This Chili vs. Cornbread Bake is a unique two-in-one dish that is perfect for group entertaining and would be perfect for fans watching games! Tender golden cornbread with jalapeños blended in meets a Mexican-inspired chili. This is a fun new way to enjoy two favorite recipes in one dish.
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 packet (1.4 oz.) taco or chili seasoning mix
- 2 cans (8 oz. each) tomato sauce
- 1 can (15 1/4 oz.) no-salt added whole-kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk, divided
- 2 boxes (8.5 oz. each) dry corn muffin mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can (4 oz.) diced green chilies, undrained
- 1 1/2 cups (6 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
PREHEAT oven to 400° F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
COOK beef in large skillet over medium-high heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in chili seasoning, tomato sauce, corn, beans and 3/4 cup evaporated milk. Bring to a boil, reduce heat. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish.
COMBINE corn muffin mix, remaining evaporated milk, eggs, chilies and 1 cup shredded cheese in medium bowl; stir until just moistened. Spread mixture over meat filling. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
BAKE for 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Serving suggestion: Serve along with chopped avocado, sour cream and salsa.
Review This Recipe
My husband loves this, it is very hardy and a good man filler upper,lol. I lost my original recipe, so thanks for finding for me.
Read More Reviews