A bowl of this Chili With Coffee will warm you up on chilly nights. Unique flavors abound in this easy to make recipe. Try this variation to impress family and friends. Sprinkle with cheese for garnish.
- 1 pound ground beef, fully cooked and drained
- 2 cans (14.5 oz. each) kidney beans
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) peeled, crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon NESCAFÉ TASTER'S CHOICE House Blend 100% Pure Instant Coffee Granules, dissolved in 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried thyme, crushed
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
COMBINE beef, beans, tomatoes and juice, broth, coffee, onion, garlic, chili powder, thyme, oregano and cumin in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 40 to 45 minutes or until desired thickness is reached. Season with salt and ground black pepper.
Review This Recipe
I expected coffee would add more flavor to this chili recipe, but this was just an ordinary chili. Maybe my coffee was not strong enough? The taste was kind of bland, and I had to add another teaspoon of chili powder and some salt and pepper.