Chilled Pumpkin Soup
This delicious Chilled Pumpkin Soup recipe gets its inspiration from a winter squash soup that is popular throughout Latin America, traditionally prepared with the native calabaza or West Indian pumpkin. In Argentina, this dish is enjoyed in Salta, a northwest region rich in ancient culture. Savor this cold soup during the summer when it will be a refreshing addition to many meals.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 5 green onions, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes with liquid or 3 fresh tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 cans (14.5 oz. each) chicken broth
- 1 can (15 oz.) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- NESTLÉ Media Crema (optional)
- Paprika (optional)
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
ADD broth and pumpkin; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 to 20 minutes. Stir in evaporated milk, salt and pepper. Remove soup from heat; cool for 15 minutes. Carefully transfer mixture to blender or food processor (in batches, if necessary); cover. Blend until smooth.
POUR soup into large bowl; cover. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Spoon into bowls. Top each with a dollop of Media Crema and sprinkle of paprika, if desired.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
this soup was pretty easy to prepare, we couldn't find the crema so we use heavy cream and it tasted wonderful! Toasted pumpkin seeds made an excellent topper.
Serving Size: 1/8 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 120
- Calories from Fat: 60
- Total Fat: 6g (10% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 3g (14% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 15mg (5% of DV)
- Sodium: 550mg (23% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 12g (4% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 3g (13% of DV)
- Sugars: 9g
- Protein: 5g
- Vitamin A: 140% of DV
- Vitamin C: 15% of DV
- Calcium: 15% of DV
- Iron: 4% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.