Chilled Spring Avocado-Cucumber Soup
This Chilled Spring Avocado-Cucumber Soup is full of fresh flavors and bursting with colors. It is simple to make using a blender. Garnish with finely chopped red onion, diced cucumber and chopped fresh dill for a festive flourish that will impress friends and family. Perfect for a simple entertaining option.
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 large or 3 small ripe avocadoes, halved, pitted, peeled and diced (about 2 1/2 cups total)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sliced unpeeled cucumber
- 1/3 cup snipped fresh dill
- Diced cucumbers, finely chopped red onion and chopped fresh dill for garnish (optional)
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
PLACE avocadoes, water, evaporated milk mixture, 1 cup cucumber and 1/3 cup dill in blender; cover. Blend until smooth. Season with coarse salt and ground black pepper. Cover; refrigerate for 1 hour (can be made up to 4 hours in advance).
POUR soup into eight small bowls or glasses; garnish with cucumber, red onion and dill.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Made this last night with fat free evap and shallots (didn't have red onion) and we loved it!
Serving Size: 1/8 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.