This Chilled Spring Avocado-Cucumber Soup is full of fresh flavors and bursting with colors. It is simple to make using a blender. Garnish with finely chopped red onion, diced cucumber and chopped fresh dill for a festive flourish that will impress friends and family. Perfect for a simple entertaining option.
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 large or 3 small ripe avocadoes, halved, pitted, peeled and diced (about 2 1/2 cups total)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sliced unpeeled cucumber
- 1/3 cup snipped fresh dill
- Diced cucumbers, finely chopped red onion and chopped fresh dill for garnish (optional)
COMBINE evaporated milk and vinegar in small bowl; let stand for 15 minutes.
PLACE avocadoes, water, evaporated milk mixture, 1 cup cucumber and 1/3 cup dill in blender; cover. Blend until smooth. Season with coarse salt and ground black pepper. Cover; refrigerate for 1 hour (can be made up to 4 hours in advance).
POUR soup into eight small bowls or glasses; garnish with cucumber, red onion and dill.
Review This Recipe
Made this last night with fat free evap and shallots (didn't have red onion) and we loved it!
Read More Reviews