This Chipotle Salad with Corn makes a wonderful starter salad or delicious lunch. Roasting the corn produces tender kernels and adds to the flavor of the salad. The chipotle chile powder in the dressing imparts a smoky flavor that rounds out the whole salad.
- 7 cups bagged mixed lettuce
- 1 cup roasted corn kernels
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 3 tablespoons Original NESTLÉ COFFEE-MATE Powdered Coffee Creamer, dissolved in 1 1/2 tablespoons water OR 3 tablespoons Original NESTLÉ COFFEE-MATE Liquid Coffee Creamer, mixed with 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 cup low fat sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon OR 1/3 MAGGI Chicken Flavor Bouillon Tablet
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- Toasted pepitas (optional)
PLACE lettuce, corn, tomatoes and avocado in a large salad bowl.
MIX Coffee-mate with either water or flour (depending on which Coffee-Mate you are using) in a small bowl until well blended. Add sour cream, oregano, bouillon and chipotle powder; mix thoroughly. Pour over salad. Toss together; top with pepitas and serve immediately.
This salad is a great way to use up any leftover roasted corn. Simply slice the kernels off approximately 1 ear. If you don’t have leftover roasted corn you can use frozen corn kernels as follows:
PLACE frozen corn kernels on a foil-lined baking pan and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Use your hands to combine. Place baking pan under broiler and broil for 7 to 8 minutes or until corn is roasted. Check after 3 minutes to make sure corn is roasting evenly. Move around with a spoon if necessary to prevent burning.