No one will guess they are eating "light" when they take a bite of these delicious Choc-Oat Caramel Chewies.
- 1 3/4 cups quick or old-fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, melted
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease bottom of 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
COMBINE oats, 1 1/2 cups flour, SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Stir in butter; mix well. Reserve 1 cup oat mixture; press remaining oat mixture onto bottom of prepared baking pan.
BAKE for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with morsels and nuts. Mix caramel topping with remaining flour in small bowl; drizzle over nuts to within 1/4 inch of pan edges. Sprinkle with reserved oat mixture.
BAKE for 18 to 22 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack; refrigerate until firm. Cut into bars.
Review This Recipe
My family and I went back to visit South Florida, so when I so the recipe that it was easy to make and that I had the ingredients on hand I decided to make it. I used regular brown sugar instead of Splenda, everybody in FL still liked them. I'll definitely make them again.
Read More Reviews