This tasty Choclo (Corn) Beef and Chicken Pie is popular in South America. Raisins and olives add extra zest to this dish. Perfect for any occasion.
- SEASONING BLEND
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- MEAT PIE
- 3 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil, divided
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 medium onions, chopped, divided
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped ripe olives
- 4 MAGGI Beef Flavor Bouillon Cubes, crumbled
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast halves or thighs, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
PREHEAT oven to 400° F.
FOR SEASONING BLEND:
COMBINE cumin, salt and pepper in small bowl.
FOR MEAT PIE:
HEAT 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add beef and 1 cup onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until beef is no longer pink. Drain. Stir in raisins, olives and bouillon; cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes or until flavors are blended. Spoon into 2 1/2- or 3-quart casserole.
SEASON chicken with 1/2 teaspoon seasoning blend. Heat 1 tablespoon
oil in large skillet. Add chicken; cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until no longer pink. Spoon over meat mixture.
PLACE corn, milk and remaining seasoning blend in blender or food processor; cover. Blend until almost smooth. Heat remaining oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add remaining onion; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Add corn mixture. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook for 1 minute. Spoon over chicken mixture. Sprinkle with sugar.
BAKE, uncovered, for 35 to 40 minutes or until top is lightly browned.
SERVE over lettuce leaves and tomato slices, if desired.