The taste of chocolate and coconut is heavenly, especially when combined in this creamy, decadent Choco-Coconut Pie.
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 can (7.6 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ Media Crema
- 1 tablet (90 grams) NESTLÉ ABUELITA Chocolate, grated
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam, warmed
- Fresh raspberries, fresh mint sprigs and shredded coconut for garnish
- Whipped cream for serving
PREHEAT oven to 325° F.
COMBINE bread crumbs, coconut, butter, sugar and cocoa in medium bowl. Press onto bottom and up side of 9-inch deep-dish pie plate.
BEAT cream cheese and sugar in large bowl until smooth. Beat in media crema, Abuelita, eggs, coconut and flour. Pour mixture into prepared crust.
BAKE for 40 to 50 minutes or until center is set when jiggled. Cool completely on wire rack. Refrigerate until chilled completely.
DRIZZLE pie with jam. Garnish each slice with a raspberry, mint sprig and shredded coconut. Place each slice on a bed of whipped cream before serving.
Review This Recipe
I do not understand why there are no ratings for this pie. OK - I could not locate the mexican chocolate - but I used regular Nestles chocolate in its place. The fresh mint (from my garden) and raspberries garnishes along with the coconut and chocolate were spectacular. A big hit in this house!