Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate is what this cake is made of! Sour cream and pudding mix enrich and make this cake moist and delicious.
- 1 pkg. (18.25 oz.) chocolate cake mix
- 1 pkg. (about 3.4 oz.) chocolate instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 packets (1 oz. each) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® CHOCO BAKE® Pre-Melted Unsweetened Chocolate Flavor
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease and flour 12-cup Bundt pan or other tube pan.
COMBINE cake mix, pudding mix, milk, sour cream and eggs in large mixer bowl. Beat on low speed just until blended. Beat on high speed for 2 minutes. Stir in morsels and nuts. Pour into prepared baking pan.
BAKE for 55 to 65 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in cake comes out clean.
COOL in pan on wire rack for 20 minutes. Invert onto wire rack to cool completely.
MELT Choco Bake and butter in medium, heavy-duty saucepan over low heat, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in powdered sugar alternately with water until of desired consistency. Stir in vanilla extract.
POUR glaze over cake.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
The best choclate cake ever! The only thing I did different was used a combination of a bag of chocolate chips and a container of cool whip melted together until smooth. The frost the cake with it. So awesome!
I love this cake. Although I will eat it with the nuts, I prefer it without any type of nuts.
My sister made this cake and everyone loved it.Very simple to make too.cant wait to make it myself!!!
Too Easy To Be That Good
What a great recipe - quick, easy and looks good on a buffet. If you don't like chocolate, don't make this cake - it is very delightful.
this cake was so easy to make and looked so pretty i almost didn't want to eat it, but i'm glad we did. it was so moist. i will make this again!!!
Serving Size: 1/12 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 460
- Calories from Fat: 210
- Total Fat: 24g (37% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 9g (45% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 65mg (22% of DV)
- Sodium: 400mg (17% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 58g (19% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 3g (12% of DV)
- Sugars: 39g
- Protein: 7g
- Vitamin A: 4% of DV
- Vitamin C: 0% of DV
- Calcium: 10% of DV
- Iron: 10% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.