Sour cream provides the satin touch in this delicious swirled white cake. Dollops of hot fudge are swirled in just before baking, and a chocolate-sour cream frosting becomes the finale. This easy cake will become one of your favorites.
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/3 container (8 oz.) sour cream
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened (we recommend Land O Lakes® butter)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup hot fudge ice cream topping
- 1 3/4 cups NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Milk Chocolate Morsels
- 1 container (8 oz.) sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
BEAT flour, sugar, sour cream, milk, butter, eggs, baking soda, salt, vanilla extract and baking powder in medium mixer bowl until well mixed. Reserve 1/2 cup batter. Spread remaining batter into prepared baking pan.
COMBINE reserved batter and hot fudge topping in small bowl. Drop mixture by heaping teaspoon evenly over batter. Pull knife through batter to marble.
BAKE for 40 to 50 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean and top springs back when touched lightly in center. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
MICROWAVE morsels in medium, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 2 minutes; STIR. The morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10 to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted.
BEAT melted chocolate, sour cream and vanilla extract in small mixer bowl until smooth and creamy. Frost cake.
Review This Recipe
Chocolate Sour Cake
My husband just loves this cake. His favorite cake is vanilla, but he just loves the little taste of chocolate. It was a thrill to make. I love it also.
Read More Reviews