Chocolate and Strawberry Jam Shortbread Bars
Butter cookie crunch topped with melted chocolate and strawberry make these shortbread bars delectable! They're sure to be a family favorite.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, divided
- 1/4 cup NESTLÉ ABUELITA Granulated Chocolate Drink Mix
- 1 can (14 ounces) NESTLÉ LA LECHERA Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 cup strawberry jam
- Powdered sugar for dusting (optional)
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
COMBINE butter, flour, sugar and salt in a large mixing bowl. Press dough onto bottom of prepared baking pan.
BAKE for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
MICROWAVE 1 cup morsels, Abuelita chocolate and sweetened condensed milk in a medium, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; STIR. Morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted. Spread over hot crust.
MICROWAVE jam in a small, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power at 30 second intervals until it is syrupy. Drizzle jam over chocolate mixture. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup morsels.
BAKE for 25 to 30 minutes or until center is set. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/36 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 220
- Calories from Fat: 90
- Total Fat: 10g (15% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 6g (31% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 15mg (6% of DV)
- Sodium: 35mg (1% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 31g (10% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 1g (5% of DV)
- Sugars: 25g
- Protein: 3g
- Vitamin A: 4% of DV
- Vitamin C: 0% of DV
- Calcium: 4% of DV
- Iron: 2% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.