Chocolate Brunch Waffles
Make Sunday brunch special with these chocolaty waffles. Topped with fruit and whipped cream, they're perfect for brunch or as a dessert. Great for entertaining or a special family treat.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Toppings: whipped cream, chocolate shavings, sifted powdered sugar, fresh fruit, ice cream
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
MICROWAVE morsels and butter in medium, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; STIR. The morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until melted. Cool to room temperature. Stir in milk, eggs and vanilla extract. Add chocolate mixture to flour mixture; stir (batter will be thick).
COOK in Belgian waffle maker* according to manufacturer's directions. Serve warm with your choice of toppings.
* Can also be cooked in standard waffle maker (makes about 20 standard-size waffle squares).
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
I love this recipe.
I love it!
I love this recipe. It was delicious and easy to prepare.
Great Great great
These were great the kids loved them,this is a keeper
chocolate brunch waffles
What a fantastic idea! A real comfort food. Make some today!
Delicious! Very yummy with your favorite pudding on top. This recipe is definitely a keeper in our household.
Serving Size: 1/10 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 788
- Calories from Fat: 383
- Total Fat: 42.6g (65% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 23.9g (119% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 208mg (69% of DV)
- Sodium: 845mg (34% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 89.6g (29% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 1.6g (6% of DV)
- Sugars: 37.2g
- Protein: 12.3g
- Vitamin A: 28% of DV
- Vitamin C: 1% of DV
- Calcium: 15% of DV
- Iron: 32% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.